Casey Stoner Won Catalunya 2011 Defending Jorge Lorenzo, Rossi Only Fifth, Julian Simon broke his leg
The following are the result of MotoGP Catalunya:
1. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda Team 43m 19.779s
2. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing 43m 22.182s
3. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing 43m 24.070s
4. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 43m 25.034s
5. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team 43m 27.150s
6. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 43m 31.610s
7. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 43m 46.262s
8. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro Team 43m 53.022s
9. Loris Capirossi ITA Pramac Racing Team 44m 2.871s
10. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 44m 2.892s
11. Hector Barbera ESP Mapfre Aspar Team 44m 4.003s
12. Alvaro Bautista ESP Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 44m 5.018s
13. Toni Elias ESP LCR Honda MotoGP 44m 18.047s
Honda’s Casey Stoner won the Catalunya Grand Prix on Sunday for his third victory in five races in the MotoGP championship this season.
But Yamaha’s defending world champion, Jorge Lorenzo, was second and still leads the Australian by seven points in the standings.
The 2007 world champion overtook Lorenzo on the first lap and never looked back as the Honda proved too fast to catch on the 4.727km Catalunya circuit.
Lorenzo finished 2.403 seconds behind.
Lorenzo also wished hometown favourite Dani Pedrosa a quick recovery from a broken collarbone he suffered in a collision with Italian rider Marco Simoncelli in the previous France GP.
Lorenzo’s American teammate, Ben Spies, finished third, 4.291 seconds off the pace, for his first podium of the season.
Honda privateer Simoncelli started from pole position and finished sixth.
In the Moto2 category, Stefan Bradl of Germany dominated an accident-plagued race in 41 minutes, 38.888 seconds for his third win of the season.
Marc Marquez was second, 4.141 seconds behind, with fellow Spaniard Aleix Espargaro third, 8.409 seconds behind, for the first podium of his career.
Spanish rider Julian Simon broke his leg when he crashed midway through the race and was taken to hospital.
In the 125cc class, Nicolas Terol claimed his fourth race of the season with a time of 42 minutes, 29.647 seconds after Johann Zarco, who crossed the finish line first, was penalised 20 seconds for bumping the Spanish rider down the final stretch.
Fellow Spaniard Maverick Vinales, cheered on by team sponsor Paris Hilton, was runner up 10.356 seconds behind while Jonas Volger of Germany finished 15.260 seconds back in third.
Hasil MotoGP Catalunya, Result of MotoGP Catalunya, Casey Stoner Catalunya 2011, MotoGP 2011 Result, Hasil Balapan MotoGP 2011, Video MotoGP Catalunya 2011 Casey Stoner